- 3 cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup butter (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar (firmly packed)
- 1/2 cup Molasses
- 1 Egg (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 cup Ale-8-One
- 1 3/4 cups Confectioners' Sugar
- In a large bowl, combine flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda, and salt. Using the paddle attachment on a stand or hand mixer, cream the room temperature butter and brown sugar just until mixed. Add the egg, vanilla extract, and molasses and mix again. Gradually add the flour while mixing on a low setting until dough forms. For best results, cover with plastic wrap and chill for 2-4 hours.
- 30 minutes before removing from the refrigerator, make decorating icing by combining and whisking Ale-8-One and confectioners’ sugar.
- Preheat the oven to 350º F and roll dough to approximately 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out gingerbread bottles with a cookie cutter and transfer to a baking sheet with care. Bake cookies for 10 minutes and allow to cool.
- Decorate with Ale-8-One Icing and enjoy!